I am the Director of the Andrew Electromagnetics Laboratory.
Websites of past research projects
- MURI on the Effects of High Power Electromagnetic Waves on Digital Systems (HPEM, HEMP)
- MURI on Adaptive waveform design
- Darpa project on Detection in Complex Maritime Environments
My research interests include
- Radar Systems Ground penetrating radar, Radio Frequency Tomography, Propagation models of the electromagnetic field in complex environments, Inversion methods for inverse scattering problems, Multipath effects
- Antenna design Vector antennas for direction of arrival applications and/or improved communication channel capacity
- Computation of special functions Maliuzhinets functions, Mathieu functions, Oblate and prolate spheroidal functions
- Electromagnetic scattering High-frequency methods: Physical Optics, Geometrical Theory of Diffraction, Uniform Theory of Diffraction, Incremental Theory of Diffraction; Analytical solutions of canonical scattering problems
- Electromagnetic measurements Measurement of antenna properties, Measurements to validate electromagnetic scattering theories
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Interaction of high-power ultrawideband electromagnetic pulses (HEMP) with digital systems, Electromagnetic shielding, Penetration of electromagnetic fields into cavities
- Wireless Communications Methods for the propagation of the electromagnetic field in complex environments, ray tracing.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Fast computation of the distribution of the radiofrequency field (B1+) in ultra-high MRI applications, Fast computation of temperature effects due to the radiofrequency field (B1+)